This post is also available in: Romanian
More of the people I know, started to complain that the browsers on smartphones and tablets do not have convenient sites with easy and accessible interface for this type of Internet user. For that, it seems that is required by the site administrator so dedicated to present a version specially created for these visitors. Server-side settings can implement a redirection of these visitors to a page dedicated to using the .htaccess file of that site. more Â»
For a while I found that package to change the English language MyBB Forum in Romanian is missing.
I looked through my files and finally I found. Here, in this post, still to be found by those who seek it.
Secure Your Site (.htaccess)
One way to prevent unwanted access of your site is using the file .htaccess
– Restrict access to a known hacker / bot from accessing your site
– Allowing only certain IP addresses to view your site (while in development, for example)
– Allow only trusted individuals in your site (if your users IPs remain the same, because it’s safer)
– Banning people from a particular country (or any location unknown) to access your site
– Ban people from your site
Let’s say we want to put in a html page a few photos horizontally. This can be done easily using a table.
Tags <table> </ table> define the contents of a table. Between these tags must be included on these other tags <tr> <td> </ td> </ tr> so that the table will form <table> <tr> <td> </ td> </ tr> </table>.
For some time I discovered how to make a connection between a PHP document (script) and a MySQL database. To create dynamic sites that write and read a database is needed to introduce Â into a PHP file that creates a connection between the two of them. This is a used predefined PHP function mysql_connect and can be invoked whenever we need a connection to a database. more Â»
The X-11 Color Set
There are two ways to put colors in HTML documents. One is to insert color code and the second is to insert color name. About the color codes I wrote a previous article and this one Â it will handle the color names. In a file .html you can enter a line that defines a color as follows: more Â»
You’ll find that you often have to work with colors when constructing Web pages, so it’s probably a good idea to take a minute or two now and get the HTML color techniques down pat. Most of the time, you specify a color by entering a six-digit code that takes the following form:Â #RRGGBB
- HTML stands forÂ HyperText Markup Language, and is the predominantÂ markup language forÂ web pages.
- HTML is the basic building-blocks of webpages.
- A markup language is a set of markup tags, and HTML uses markup tags to describeÂ web pages.
- HTML markup tags are usually called HTML tags
- HTML is written in the form ofÂ HTML elements consisting ofÂ tags, enclosed inÂ angle brackets (like <html>) within the web page content. more Â»
We all have been in situation where we allow users to upload images for content items or profile pictures. Theyâ€™ll just upload huge images without considering bandwidth and disk space. Soon you have hundreds images above 2MB in size cluttering your precious harddisk space and taking up all of the bandwidth with just a few pageviews.
So how do you conquer this problem? Well, resize the images automatically. Keeping their ratio and quality but reducing their size significantly.
Pictures may be the element you most wish to insert into your web pages other than text. Whether it is a photo or a graphic image, the HTML tag to do it is the same. Here’s an example of theÂ Img tag with its often used key attributes:
<img src=”images/my” alt=”MyPicture” width=”160″ height=”120″ hspace=”10″ vspace=”10″ align=”left” border=”0″ />